Frequently Asked Questions
What is MicroCement?
Microcement is a polymer modified cement coating of 3 to 4 mm thick. It consists of two components. A powder component, base coat and the fine coat, plus a liquid component.
Main features & benefits?
- It can be installed over almost any surface.
- Suitable for both interior and exterior use. (Interior use can include bathrooms, kitchens, restaurants, offices, stores & more, Exterior use: entrances, pavements, halls & more)
- Very Quick Placement: Up to 60 square meters per day. Dependant on Conditions.
- Wide range of colours and finishes available with either a smooth or textured finish. Click here to see our colours.
- Easy to maintain
- Strong adherence to the surface
Why use Microcement?
It can be installed over existing surfaces such as tiles, plaster, wood, concrete, ceramics and more. It allows you to redesign an area in a short period of time without dealing with the costs and disorder of traditional systems. Many clients require a concrete surface polished but because of the quality of the concrete installation polishing cannot be achieved. Microcement / Microtopping is a superb alternative.
Is Microcement Customizable?
Microcement is completely customizable, comes in wide range of colours and the possibility to create different patterns. The process of Microcement application makes every job unique. There is not only a variation in colour but also a variegated look that is achieved by the trowel technique.
Any surface preparation needed before you apply MicroCement?
Providing surface is clean and structurally sound, preparation is minimal.
We will be happy to answer any queries you may have and help guide you through the process:
get a quick quote
We have the skills and knowledge within the trade to refurbish most floor types. If you have any queries regarding your needs please do not hesitate to contact us.